Principal, Roger Bengtsson, began his engineering career at the highly-regarded vehicle body builders, Vawdrey Australia, during which time he won the coveted Gary Webb Memorial Award for excellence in Vehicle Body Making in 1980 from Batman Automotive College.
Roger later settled in South Gippsland and established his own business Shakanda Engineering in 1998. Shakanda Engineering is a wholly-Australian owned business providing service, quality and innovation in many facets of customized vehicle modifications for specialist applications, as well as steel construction.
Shakanda’s humble beginnings were to service the local farming community with a high quality product that was not available elsewhere in the Gippsland region. In more recent years the business has grown from strength to strength, now also supplying large Government corporations, as well as large agricultural and industrial companies.
More recently Shakanda has moved into the design and fabrication of new products for specific industries that are not currently available elsewhere. Activities include:
- Working with industry to design and develop innovative new processes
- Developing market-ready machines and equipment
- Conducting R&D for in-house projects and external clients
- Creating a portfolio of protected intellectual property
- Today the Shakanda name is synonymous with high quality and durability. These essentials are built into every one of its projects.
Shakanda’s philosophy is to never be involved in price or quality cutting, but to consistently improve the standard of design and quality within the Australian small to medium commercial vehicle market and industrial and commercial specialty equipment and projects.
Endurance Engineering Bendigo Bank Gippsland Business Awards – Finalist 2012 Wholly Australian made and owned!